Friday, June 18, 2021
Text Size

215 Squadron Aircrew Details

More
11 years 1 month ago #936 by Guybrush
Guybrush replied the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Hi James here!

Are you going to upload the pics to the gallery as I'd love to see them? I always thought my Grandad had taken the photos himself but as some are duplicates, then perhaps there was a communal camera and the pictures were copied to whoever wanted them.

I wonder if Norman does remember my Grandad John Moran, as you can see from the pictures, he was always a skinny little bloke with thick framed glasses (not unlike Harold Lloyd). As a memory jogger, John was a Londoner and loved a flutter on the horses as his dad had been a groom. He supported Arsenal football club as he came from Highbury and worked as a clerk at the Amalgamated Press in Fleet Street, London before and after the war.

Many thanks to Brian for keeping me updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brianj
  • brianj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #937 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Hi James - I will upload the photos (there are 6 of them). Even though some are almost the same there are differences. Kevin may be able to persuade his father in law to let him copy some more. Even better he might be able to get Norman to look at the other photos.

regards

Brian

• brianj
  • brianj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #938 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Gary,
I have uploaded the 6 photos from Kevin - could you please place them in the 215 Squadron photo gallery.

James - the photos are in the upload area if you want to see them before Gary has placed them in the gallery (just click "Upload Photos" from the image galleries menu on the left of the page and go to the last page of the uploads).

cheers
Brian

More
11 years 1 month ago #939 by Guybrush
Great, thanks Brian, off to have a look now. :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #940 by Guybrush
There's nothing there for me. I'll wait until Kevin's sorted them.

More
11 years 1 month ago #941 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Will do Brian, got some issues with computers at the moment (as always, maybe I should just leave them alone instead of keep poking at them), will get them done ASAP.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds