Sunday, August 19, 2018
Text Size

Hi - new member interested in 614 Sq in 44/45

More
1 year 7 months ago #5446 by Nick Budd
Nick Budd created the topic: Hi - new member interested in 614 Sq in 44/45
Hi there

A quick introduction to say I am interested in 614 Squadron from 1944-1945.

If you want to share information let me know!

Cheers

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #5450 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Hi - new member interested in 614 Sq in 44/45
Hi Nick
I'm always looking for new information, I have a some of the ORBs for 614 and I also have Tom Scotland's books, he wrote in them for me as well.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
1 year 7 months ago #5451 by Nick Budd
Nick Budd replied the topic: Hi - new member interested in 614 Sq in 44/45
Hi Gary

What's your interest in 614 squadron?

Yes, I have read Tom's book on his time with 614. An invaluable insight into their time in Italy.

More
1 year 7 months ago #5454 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Hi - new member interested in 614 Sq in 44/45
I'm interested in all Liberator Squadrons hence the site. In particular I'm interested in the fact that they were the sole Pathfinder Squadron for the whole of 205 Group and even did some PF duties for the US 15th AF. On a personal note, along with a small number of other ex Crewmen I would consider Tom as being one of my early mentors.
He helped me kick off this site about 18 years ago and provided me with a number of photos and copies of his books (I also have the CDROM he did). I spoke to him a number of times on the phone over the years but lost contact with him when I came to New Zealand 10 years ago. What with everything else going on related to coming to a new country.

This is part of why the site isn't as busy as it used to be, the advent and uprising of social media has also contributed, I got tired of constantly trying to stop my work being redistributed via Facebook etc. I also rediscovered model making about this time which swallows up a lot of my free time.
In the mean time I keep the fires lit and have all sorts of good intentions of continuing the work here, I will get back to it again, I just need to find my mojo.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #5455 by Nick Budd
Nick Budd replied the topic: Hi - new member interested in 614 Sq in 44/45
Hi Gary

Thanks for the reply. The social media take-off hasn't helped forums like this and I can appreciate it takes a lot of work to maintain and create interest. We only have so much time available for our interests.

Tom was clearly a generous guy with his knowledge and time, it's great he helped you create the site. Sadly, Tom passed away in 2013.

Looking forward to seeing more input over the coming months.

Cheers

Nick
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Nick Budd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds