Sunday, August 19, 2018
Text Size

Newby member

More
2 years 11 months ago #4812 by wilky244
wilky244 created the topic: Newby member
Hello there,
I\'m the grandson of an RAF Liberator pilot who served from 22.2.1942 to 13.9.1945. I\'ve been sent a couple of old pics from we think Alexandria, Egypt. One of the aircraft the other of the crew. I\'m waiting for his log book from my dad. So I\'ll be looking to do a little research once I know a bit more about his service such as aircraft ID and squadron numbers. I hope this will be a good place to start :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #4813 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Newby member
Hello and welcome to the site.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilky244

More
2 years 10 months ago #4821 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: Newby member
Ooh...there are possibilities that your grandfather flew for 159 or 160 Sqn in the Middle East in 1942. Logbooks for that period are especially rare. Hoping your dad does send, or has sent, the logbook to you.

Hoping for more from you in due time!

Cheers,

Matt

More
2 years 9 months ago #4822 by jasek
jasek replied the topic: Newby member
Hi all,
i\'m a serving member of HM Forces and I also run a FB called \"WWII British Empire & Commonwealth Forces in the Far East-SE Asia 1938-1946\". I also help people with research on their relatives who fought in the Far East during WWII, especially those who served in RAF Liberator Sqn\'s.I\'m hoping this page will help with research, and I could help others if they need it.

Best regards :cheer:

More
2 years 9 months ago #4824 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Newby member
Strange, that\'s also the purpose of this website......

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasek

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds