Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Text Size

40 SQUADRON

More
5 years 10 months ago #3903 by franticwoman
franticwoman created the topic: 40 SQUADRON
I'm trying to find more information about my late father, Edward Rodgers. He was a gunner with 40 Squadron, shot down over France on 12 June 1940 and a POW from then until the end of the war.

I think he joined the RAF in 1937 but unfortunately there are no family members alive who can verify this.

Would be delighted if someone out there has any info,

Mary Coen
Daughter of Edward Rodgers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #3904 by oibert
oibert replied the topic: Re: 40 SQUADRON
Hi Mary and welcome to the forum, there are some photos here of 40 sqd which may be of interest but most of them seem to be after the date you mentioned your father was shot down. Do you have his service records? they are a mine of information. I started looking for info on my late father a couple of years ago and can assure you it is a worthwhile search, though at times frustrating the end result is well worth it.
Good luck with your research. Regards Robert.

More
5 years 10 months ago #3905 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: 40 SQUADRON
Hi Mary
I see Rob has made it here and stolen my thunder :)
Nothing more to add other than to say hello, I have some of the Operations Records but I don't think they are the right time period.

Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
3 years 1 month ago #4774 by loic
loic replied the topic: 40 SQUADRON
Hello,
I\'m trying to get in touch with Mary Coen, daughter of Edward Rodgers, without success even by PM... Anyone knows her valid email ?
I do have pic about his father when he was taken as POW.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Loic from France

More
3 years 1 month ago #4777 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: 40 SQUADRON
Hi Loic, I\'d be happy to send Mary an introductory email to her last known email address, if you want to pm me your email address.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
3 years 1 month ago #4779 by loic
loic replied the topic: 40 SQUADRON
Hi Gary,
Thanks, a PM is on your way, Regards
Loic

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds