Thursday, April 02, 2020
Text Size

Adopt a Squadron

More
10 years 11 months ago #466 by Wimpy
Wimpy replied the topic: Adopt a Squadron
And you have me down for 40 Squadron Gary?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 11 months ago #468 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Adopt a Squadron
Great stuff, I had assumed you would do Roger ;) , thanks mate.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
10 years 10 months ago #542 by pzulba
pzulba replied the topic: Adopt a Squadron
Don't know what it involves (?) but can I be Greedy and opt for 31 & 34 SAAF

My Dad started on 34 & finished tour on 31

PZULBA - Out of Africa (Retired)

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #543 by Gary
Hi Colin
Seeing as it's you and no one else has stepped up I can't see why not (truth is I'm really grateful for any help I can get ;) )
What's involved? Well not a lot really, basically you get access to everything that I have as far as information and documents. It's like a big cardboard box full of scraps of paper with no organisation. You then get the privilege of sorting through it all and trying to make sense of it :P
Once you've made sense of it you just add it to the site via the really easy to use built in editor. If you find any other information on the net or through other means that you want to add, you just add it as a new document or edit one of the existing documents. This then gets checked, approved and added to the site via an authoring approval system.
Basically the Squadron information becomes yours, the documents have your name on. It's like having your own mini site without all the hassles of hosting and maintenance plus the way of adding content is easy. The only restrictions are the layout and the size of photos. We're currently working on a new set of templates for documents etc, as a member of the researcher group you get a say in how this site is run and how it looks etc. There's a heap of stuff that isn't available to the general public to make life easy ;)
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #572 by Gary
Ok to sum up I have
Martin doing 99 Squadron
Peter doing 120 Squadron
Brian on 215 Squadron
Roger on 40 Squadron
Colin on 31 & 34 SAAF
I'm going to concentrate 178 Squadron, 355 & 356 Squadrons for now.
We still need more volunteers people ;)

I'm creating email addresses for each of the Squadrons so far I've done This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. & This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. these email addresses are forwarded to whoever is looking after the squadron.
As I progress through adding people to the contacts list and sorting the ranks etc out I'll assign these email address to whoever's looking after the squadron.
If you find any bugs please take a screen shot if you can and post it here. Unless you can't post here because that is the problem, in which case use the Report a Fault form on the left. If you can't read this forum then it doesn't matter anyway and you won't mind me saying you're ugly :P :D

More
10 years 10 months ago #575 by MartinB
MartinB replied the topic: Adopt a Squadron
I'll take on 159 and 160 on an ORBs only basis, if that helps - got a complete set of both, courtesy, IIRC, Robert Quirk.

MB

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds