Adopt a Squadron

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #54 by Gary
Gary created the topic: Adopt a Squadron
I'm looking for people that are passionate about a particular Squadron(s), to adopt one and make it their own. To organise any material that comes our way concerning the particular Squadron(s) and add it to the site.
To fully realise the potential of this site I'm going to need some help. I could say don't ask what can this site do for me but what can I do for this site, but I won't :D
I'm just looking for some volunteers to help organise things.
Let me know if you can spare some time to help.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #454 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Adopt a Squadron
I'm looking for people that are passionate about a particular Squadron(s), to adopt one and make it their own. To organise any material that comes our way concerning the particular Squadron(s) and add it to the site.
To fully realise the potential of this site I'm going to need some help. I could say don't ask what can this site do for me but what can I do for this site, but I won't :D
I'm just looking for some volunteers to help organise things.
Let me know if you can spare some time to help.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
10 years 10 months ago #457 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: Adopt a Squadron
Hi Gary,
I am happy to look after 215 Squadron. My problem is I do not have a large amount of spare time (like lots of people) but will do my best to fit it in.

There are a few things I think you should lay down with each squadron "adoptee" such things as standardising the layouts so each set of squadron information has the same look and feel and similar information appears in similar places.

You will probably need to hold my hand a bit as although I am a computer software person I have not had a great deal of experience with web sites.

cheers

Brian

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #458 by Gary
Welcome to the researcher group (gosh I almost cackled there).
Great idea about standards. No need to be a computer Wiz if you can write here you can write the articles it's no harder than using Word ;)

More
10 years 10 months ago #462 by MartinB
MartinB replied the topic: Adopt a Squadron
I'm in.

I'll take, errrr, 99 Sqdrn :cool::cool: - now that's a surprise, innit?

Might need some gentle introduction on how to do what, tho...:rolleyes:

MartinB

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 10 months ago #463 by Gary
Great stuff, thanks Martin, I'll sort it all out for you ;)

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds