• brianj
  • brianj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #159 by brianj
brianj created the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Hi,
I have now completed the extraction of all the Aircrew who flew Liberator missions with the squadron (6 months work!). I have presented them in a table in alphabetical order, listing crew positions and number of missions flown.
Since I have all the the details in a database further information can be easily retrieved. I still need to add nationalities (where they are given in the records).
If anyone spots any mistakes please let me know.

The table can be found at www.rafb24.com/index.php?option=com_cont...7&catid=72&Itemid=58

Any comments welcome

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brianj
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #923 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Hi,
I have now completed the extraction of all the Aircrew who flew Liberator missions with the squadron (6 months work!). I have presented them in a table in alphabetical order, listing crew positions and number of missions flown.
Since I have all the the details in a database further information can be easily retrieved. I still need to add nationalities (where they are given in the records).
If anyone spots any mistakes please let me know.

The table can be found at www.rafb24.com/index.php?option=com_cont...7&catid=72&Itemid=58

Any comments welcome

Brian

More
10 years 5 months ago #924 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Fantastic stuff, now I'm gonna have to go and do something for 178, 355 & 356 now just to keep up with the Joneses :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
10 years 4 months ago #933 by Kevin
Kevin replied the topic: 215 Squadron Aircrew Details
Brian

You may recall we spoke about my father in law, Norman Harris about 215 squadron.

I now finally have some photos which I would be happy to scan and email across to you, if you would care to give me an address,

Many thanks

Kevin Wilford

• brianj
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 4 months ago #934 by brianj
Thanks for that Kevin. I have sent you a message in the Private Messaging section of the main menu (click on the second bottom "private messaging" item in the Main Menu on the left of the page)
Regards

Brian

• brianj
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 4 months ago #935 by brianj
Thanks for the photos Kevin, my first reaction when I saw them was I have seen some of them before. Some of them (or very similar ones) are in the 215 Squadron photo gallery on this site. The similar ones were provided by James Moran whose grandfather, John Moran, was a ground crew member of 215. Since the photos are the same maybe John Moran and Norman Harris were mates or at least worked together.
Some of the photos that are the same are shown below.

www.rafb24.com/index.php?option=com_rsga...&page=inline&id=1285

www.rafb24.com/index.php?option=com_rsga...&page=inline&id=1280

www.rafb24.com/index.php?option=com_rsga...&page=inline&id=1171

In the second one, is the guy sitting in the plane doorway Norman Harris? Is there a way to get Norman to look at the rest of the 215 photos on this site and see if he can recognise any one.
The photo showing the fire after the cyclone was one I thought was maybe a crash but the cyclone makes more sense, most of 99 squadron billets (they were also stationed at Dhubaia) were destroyed during the cyclone.
I look forward to seeing some more if you can arrange it.

regards
Brian

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds