• davemed
  • davemed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 6 months ago #3908 by davemed
davemed created the topic: RAF Badge or Insignia
R.A.F Armourers 1939-1940 Badge or Insignia
I have been looking for a picture ( or photograph ) of a badge or insignia for R.A.F Armourers 1939-1940.

My wifes uncle was with Number 4 Base Ammunition Depot, Rennes, France 1940.

Any help please.

Thanks,

David.

David

Every day is a new day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #3909 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: RAF Badge or Insignia
Hey David, good to see you are ok (assuming you are as you are posting here), I did ask about you on the CWFWW2 site but never got a response.
I don't have anything like you are looking for but I'll keep my eyes open.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• davemed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3910 by davemed
davemed replied the topic: Re: RAF Badge or Insignia

Gary wrote: Hey David, good to see you are ok (assuming you are as you are posting here), I did ask about you on the CWFWW2 site but never got a response.
I don't have anything like you are looking for but I'll keep my eyes open.
Gary

Hello Gary,

Thanks for your reply. Actually after posting I got the item from another website after posting there.

I asked Andy ( CWFWW2 ) to remove my registration after medical matters were rather dire. I didn't know whether I would be back !!. After many many months of procedures and set backs, then matters turned around for the good. It is going to take me about fifteen months or so to get where I was. Still a bit weak but improving every day. I will not be re- registering on CWFWW2 for some time as I can't really put the time into it yet. If you want to you can tell Andy , I don't want to bother him because of his family commitments and work.

Best wishes,

David.

David

Every day is a new day.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by davemed.

More
7 years 6 months ago #3911 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: RAF Badge or Insignia
Thanks for the badges and the info Dave, I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to what you want to do again. To be honest I think CWF is dead, Andy hasn't even logged on for 2 months. I'll keep the doors open and give it a sweep through every once in a while.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• davemed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3912 by davemed
davemed replied the topic: Re: RAF Badge or Insignia

Gary wrote: Thanks for the badges and the info Dave, I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to what you want to do again. To be honest I think CWF is dead, Andy hasn't even logged on for 2 months. I'll keep the doors open and give it a sweep through every once in a while.

Hello Gary,

After replying to you yesterday, I thought well give CWF a go again and re-register.

All I got was an error message each time.

I went to the Forum and it was all out of date as regards postings, months old.

I am surprised that Andy hasn't told you anything or been in contact. I think by your wording you are giving up hope on CWF. It is good of you to keep the door open ( though a folorn hope ). After all your input to CWF I am rather annoyed. On the other hand there might be a reason why.

Please keep me informed. I will have to do a little posting here when I have time. I like it here. As you know I did some postings, will do more later.

Best wishes,

David.

David

Every day is a new day.

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by davemed.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds