Text Size

Log Book Abreviations (Air Gunnery)

• brianj
  • brianj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 4 months ago #336 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: Log Book Abreviations (Air Gunnery)
Hi Wimpy,

I have scanned my Dads Gunnery cert but cant get it uploaded - I have been clicking on attachments and it appears to upload but does not seem to appear( its probably me missing the obvious!)
The certificate is very similar but not quite the same.

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #337 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Log Book Abreviations (Air Gunnery)
It's not you Brian, I've just looked and there appears to be a "bug" in the attachments part of the forum. I'll try and fix it, in the mean time you can either host it on say photobucket and post the link or mail me the picture and I'll upload it and sort the link out for you.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
11 years 4 months ago #338 by Gary
Done :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
11 years 4 months ago #344 by Gary
I come bearing gifts :D
I just got a nice response back from George which I hope will help out.

FR. G. G. - Fixed relative ground gunnery. (Practice on the ground at AGS - Pembrey would have been by the sea (100 rounds splash!) That would probably be his initiation into firing)
FR Beam - Fixed relative beam - again ground firing
KG!. - No clues on this one - and that includes the two former gunnery Instructors in our ACA and AGA branch. Probably the GI stands for Ground Instruction
FR Beam - Fixed relative beam
FR RE Beam - as above
Quarter Cross over and under where practice flights with drogues towed over or under. It was the percentage of hits determined with soft coloured paint on the bullets that counted.
Another entry in my own log is CCG - Cine Camera Gun and I wonder if KGI could be some abbreviation for Camera Gun Instruction?

In my AGS log I have FRBRST. We still cannot think what the RST is!

Well it's answered a couple of the questions and asked another couple but we'll get there :D

More
11 years 4 months ago #345 by Wimpy
Wimpy replied the topic: Log Book Abreviations (Air Gunnery)
Ho Ho Ho Father Christmas has left us presents!!

BRST .......... breast?

More
11 years 4 months ago #347 by Gary

breast?

Yes please
As to the real question, not sure how about Beam Relative Standing Target or maybe Single?
I need to get George here to help out, I could send him another email, make up a list of any other Gunnery questions you have and I'll fire them off :)
Gary

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds