Text Size

visual recreation of RAF B24 attack on Thai ship

• PattayaScuba
  • PattayaScuba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 3 months ago #1282 by PattayaScuba
PattayaScuba created the topic: visual recreation of RAF B24 attack on Thai ship
After months of illustration work I have completed a series of 29 digital illustrations which recreate the attack of RAF B24 Liberator Squadrons 99 and 159 out of Digri on the Thai steam ship S.S. Suddhadib on June 1st 1945 which I am happy to share with all of you. Next to the gallery of visuals I have edited the visuals to a video plus listed the research findings of the project in a research page on my website.

Please find the final results at:

www.pattaya-scuba.net/PS/Suddhadib_attack_video.html

I have dived the wreck here in Thailand well over 200 times and actually measured out the dimensions of the ship under water to recreate the wreck in its current state and the ship the way she was before her sinking in a 3D software on the computer. Please understand that my website is completely non-profit and non-commercial, but serves as a volunteer project for local scuba divers as well as the people interested in the history and the attack of the ship and the RAF B24 Liberator Squadrons.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #1354 by Shessi
Shessi replied the topic: Re: visual recreation of RAF B24 attack on Thai ship
Hi PS,
What can I say but absolutley superb! Very professional (IMHO) and watchable, congratulations to the team. That raytracing is very clever, and the sound score fits so well. Makes me want to come and take a look.
Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Shessi

More
8 years 3 months ago #1356 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: visual recreation of RAF B24 attack on Thai ship
Have to agree it's a superb piece of work, some of those still would make great pictures in themselves. I'd love to add the stills to the artwork section of the photo galleries.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• PattayaScuba
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 3 months ago #1423 by PattayaScuba
PattayaScuba replied the topic: Re: visual recreation of RAF B24 attack on Thai ship
Dear Gary,

Would gladly load the gallery here at rafb24.com in high resolution/ full detail but would like to do so with remarks to each frame similar to what I did in my research page of the project plus add links to pictures featured in rafb24 that had helped me as reference to visualize the set of pics. I'm sure that would be very interesting for other forum members.

What would be the best way for me to upload the gallery with these captions attached?

Regards,

ALEX

More
8 years 3 months ago #1428 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: visual recreation of RAF B24 attack on Thai ship
Hey Alex thanks for the response, well there's a number of ways we could play this.
We can either load them up in the new photo galery and put descriptions with them or create an article for each frame and then we can add any amount of detail to each frame and link them all together a bit like a magazine article..
It might be easier if you email me the images and what you want and how you'd like it displayed. You can either send the images and the details or if you have a specific layout in mind a word doc or something.
I'm happy to play around to give the images the best display that they deserve.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• PattayaScuba
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago #3866 by PattayaScuba
PattayaScuba replied the topic: Re: visual recreation of RAF B24 attack on Thai ship
Hi Gary!

So sorry for laying idle for 2 months. Things were busy and I wanted to clear some issues with my friend Peter Walker who had done the historical research of this attack about using his photographs for submission here to RAFB24.com.

All is clear now and I will shortly forward you (by email) a set of historical photographs of the target, the attack and the ship sinking as snapped out of the rear gunner's turret. Once you place them in the "Target Photos" category here at RAFB24, I will then use the links to each individual photo as a reference in the captions of my illustrations and submit the set to you. A lot can be said about some of the shots and also our theories of how the ship actually sank but I reckon no better place than this website to publish and archive it ;).

Best,

ALEX

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds