• Matt_Poole
  • Matt_Poole's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #45 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole created the topic: Date stamp on guestbook entries
Gary,

At one point on the old site each guestbook entry included an automatically-generated date. Then you said that this function was proving troublesome. Is there any way you can set up the new guestbook with such a date stamp? This will help people in the future to know how long ago a message was posted, which can be very helpful in trying to contact someone.

Thanks,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Matt_Poole
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #412 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: Date stamp on guestbook entries
Gary,

At one point on the old site each guestbook entry included an automatically-generated date. Then you said that this function was proving troublesome. Is there any way you can set up the new guestbook with such a date stamp? This will help people in the future to know how long ago a message was posted, which can be very helpful in trying to contact someone.

Thanks,

Matt

More
10 years 11 months ago #413 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Date stamp on guestbook entries
Not at this point in time mate, it's a 3rd party application. I don't code much on this site, just modify things to fit our needs. These days I'm more interested in content and trying to get all this data I have up on the site to share with others. I'll take a look at some point but can't promise anything. I know it does record the date in to the database plus I get an email when there is a new entry. So between these two methods there will always be a way to tell but it's a manual one at the moment mate, sorry.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Matt_Poole
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #449 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: Date stamp on guestbook entries
I figured it wasn't as easy as I thought, Gary. You're the man, and I know you can't do everything at once.

Cheers,

Matt

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds