New additions

• B-24 Admin
  • B-24 Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago #11 by B-24 Admin
B-24 Admin created the topic: New additions
I've now moved all of the Squadron information that I had on acseac.co.uk. I didn't realise that most of the Squadron details were missing from when I moved it from the original site. I think I have details on all of the Squadrons.
I was dreading moving the Liberator "database" over, the thought of creating two and half thousand records scared me. In the end I was able to script the entire process (with the help of Excel). There is now an "article" for every Liberator, so now as I get data on a specific bird it can be added to the page, which is way better than anything I've been able to do in the past.
There are still a few of the minor pages to bring over, the biggest job is the photo galleries. Not sure how I'm going to go about this as I don't fancy reuploading 700+ photos and adding captions manually because the two gallery systems are non compatible.
Oh well it's getting there slowly but surely, I'd like to see more forum chatter, just to let me know that people are reading this. At least now it doesn't bother me if they don't, where it used to in the past :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• B-24 Admin
  • B-24 Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 6 months ago #240 by B-24 Admin
B-24 Admin replied the topic: New additions
I've now moved all of the Squadron information that I had on acseac.co.uk. I didn't realise that most of the Squadron details were missing from when I moved it from the original site. I think I have details on all of the Squadrons.
I was dreading moving the Liberator "database" over, the thought of creating two and half thousand records scared me. In the end I was able to script the entire process (with the help of Excel). There is now an "article" for every Liberator, so now as I get data on a specific bird it can be added to the page, which is way better than anything I've been able to do in the past.
There are still a few of the minor pages to bring over, the biggest job is the photo galleries. Not sure how I'm going to go about this as I don't fancy reuploading 700+ photos and adding captions manually because the two gallery systems are non compatible.
Oh well it's getting there slowly but surely, I'd like to see more forum chatter, just to let me know that people are reading this. At least now it doesn't bother me if they don't, where it used to in the past :D

More
11 years 5 months ago #263 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: New additions
Added a new WYSIWYG editor which enables site editors to edit and post documents more easily. This version should load a bit quicker than the last.
Don't forget if you want to help out with the site and be an editor/researcher/tea maker just shout :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds