Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Text Size

Crew Duties on a Liberator

More
10 years 7 months ago #688 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Crew Duties on a Liberator
No... I'm Martin!!! :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #689 by MartinB
MartinB replied the topic: Crew Duties on a Liberator

Gary wrote: No... I'm Martin!!! :D

Excellent! Multiple bills coming your way...:P :P :P

MB

More
10 years 7 months ago #692 by DougClews
DougClews replied the topic: Crew Duties on a Liberator
Hi Martin

Well, you are allowed to be pedantic, under the circumstances ...
I am very sorry for the faux pas ... put it down to me having a 'Senior's Moment'(or even just plain stupidity) ...

I have now read the 'Navigator's Tale' ... a GREAT account of the 'Way it was' and not only was it fascinating reading, but it has also given me an understanding of some of the things my uncle would have experienced during his short life as a Navigator ...

Once again, VERY MANY THANKS !!!

Doug Clews
Western Australia

More
7 years 3 months ago #3993 by Paul
Paul replied the topic: Re: Crew Duties on a Liberator
Just found this great website and forum. Really interesting topics and information so please keep it going. My dad was a flight engineer with 31 Squadron SAAF based in Foggia, Italy and until I read this forum I had no idea what his duties involved. He died a few years ago and having looked at this forum I wish I'd talked to him more about what he did during the war and the great risk they all made on a daily basis.Like many people who survived the war he wasn't keen on talking much about it and we had to respect his wishes.
Thanks,
Paul Rimell.

More
7 years 3 months ago #3995 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: Crew Duties on a Liberator
Hi Paul,
Well it's been going over 12 years now, been having trouble getting the time that I'd like to spend on her but short of me dropping dead (hopefully a long way off yet) it'll be here for a long time yet :)
Your story is similar to mine and one of the reasons I started the site way back in the last milenia I think it was (quite litterally).
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds