RAF Lib serials as found in 41 logbooks

• Matt_Poole
  • Matt_Poole's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #113 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole created the topic: RAF Lib serials as found in 41 logbooks
I have been fortunate in viewing the logbooks of 41 airmen who flew aboard RAF Liberators, mostly in the Far East. My compilation of RAF Lib serial numbers, as found in these logbooks, is now available for viewing and downloading, courtesy of Webmaster Gary, via the following left-hand margin link: The B-24 Liberator > Liberator Documents. You must be logged in to gain access to the pdf file.

The accuracy of logbook entries varies widely, as does the accuracy of Operations Record Books and other sources like published works. I tried to take into account all the sources available to me...which, admittedly, are limited...to come up with my list. However, there are many unsolved questions, as you can see for yourself. Comments are added to explain selected errors or discrepancies.

I'd be thrilled to acquire further logbook scans or photocopies, in the hopes of expanding upon my list in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Matt_Poole
  • Matt_Poole's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 11 months ago #755 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: RAF Lib serials as found in 41 logbooks
I have been fortunate in viewing the logbooks of 41 airmen who flew aboard RAF Liberators, mostly in the Far East. My compilation of RAF Lib serial numbers, as found in these logbooks, is now available for viewing and downloading, courtesy of Webmaster Gary, via the following left-hand margin link: The B-24 Liberator > Liberator Documents. You must be logged in to gain access to the pdf file.

The accuracy of logbook entries varies widely, as does the accuracy of Operations Record Books and other sources like published works. I tried to take into account all the sources available to me...which, admittedly, are limited...to come up with my list. However, there are many unsolved questions, as you can see for yourself. Comments are added to explain selected errors or discrepancies.

I'd be thrilled to acquire further logbook scans or photocopies, in the hopes of expanding upon my list in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

More
10 years 11 months ago #756 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: RAF Lib serials as found in 41 logbooks
Thanks Matt, great work with this document mate, I'm slowly building up a similar doco for Middle East operations, hopefully between the two we'll have a large percentage of Libs covered off :D
So as Matt says keep those log books coming, we need all the info we can get.
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
9 years 4 months ago #1106 by Mark
Mark replied the topic: RAF Lib serials as found in 41 logbooks
Matt, I can add to your data collection if still interested???? But I am having trouble trying to open any of the pdf files you have listed?? Is there any possibility you could email the files?

I actually have a scan of my fathers log book and flight entries for the 5th MAy 1945 when KH347 sunk the German U-Boat 534?

Regards Mark

More
9 years 4 months ago #1107 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: RAF Lib serials as found in 41 logbooks
Gary,
I also cannot access Matt's file - it says the file is not available on the server.

Brian

More
9 years 4 months ago #1108 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: RAF Lib serials as found in 41 logbooks
Yes I get the same problem, will investigate, it's probably something simple to do with the server move I did.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds