Friday, August 07, 2020
Text Size

Contact us

More
5 years 8 months ago #4726 by 991spf
991spf replied the topic: Contact us
Hi!
Please confirm you have received my request for information about my father, W/O Jack Frampton (Flight Engineer), deceased.
Thank you
Simon Frampton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #4727 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Contact us
Hi Simon, I've searched my emails and I've not had any from you, The only Frampton I have record of is a Sgt Frampton who served with 178 Squadron.
Please contact me directly if you have anything else I can go on.
Thanks
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
5 years 7 months ago #4731 by Laura
Laura replied the topic: Contact us
Hi Gary,
I have been trying now many times to find out anything about my Father who served with the RAF in the 547th Squadron/AIR 27 from 1942-1945 in the Coastal Command, however I can not find even anything for 547th squadron! Could you guide me please!
Kind regards

Laura

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #4732 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Contact us
Hi Laura
I've got a book that details all of the Squadrons of the RAF I'll have a look and get back to you. They may not even of operated the B-24's.
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
5 years 3 days ago #4806 by old dog
old dog replied the topic: Contact us
Good morning , I am trying to trace records of my uncle who was lost while serving with 99 squadron flying liberators out of the COCOS ISLANDS his name is P/O Leslie Samuel Drew
He was awarded the DFC while with 99 but I cannot find any mention of him on the DFC holders listings . the story is he was dropping supplies to ex jap pow\'s when he went missing .I would very much like to know the full story of his posthumous award
Regards A L Drew

More
4 years 11 months ago #4807 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: Contact us
Hi \"Old Dog\"
I have just noticed your posting ( been on holiday). One member of this site is Martin Bond who used to look after any queries on 99 Squadron ( I have not seen any postings from him lately). I am sure he would be able to help you. You could try sending him a private message from this site.
Martin supplied me with an excellent book called \"Survival of the Fortunate\" by John McCredie who was an airman with 99 Squadron and the book gives a good insight into life in India with the Squadron during the war.
I will see if there is any more information I can supply you with. Good luck in your search

Regards
Brian

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds