Friday, August 07, 2020
Text Size

Contact us

More
5 years 9 months ago #4648 by NoelGoodisson
NoelGoodisson replied the topic: Contact us
Hi Folks,
My Dad J P "Paddy" Goodisson served as Rear Gunner with 159 and then 358 squadrons in India. I have all of his photos including those of other Good folk unknown to me. Dad returned to Ireland after the war and never kept in touch with his old comrades as far as I am aware. I have been in touch with Matt Poole in the US who has provided the family with excellent Information. Dad does appear in some of the personnel photos on this site and is correctly identified by Matt in one of the photos on the site. Dad died in 2003 2 weeks before his 83rd birthday in Limerick Ireland.
Do you guys want his other photos for your site ?
Best Regards
Noel Goodisson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #4649 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Contact us
Is the pope Catholic? :)
Hello Noel and many thanks for the offer you can email me direct at
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
say hi to Matt it's been too long since I bothered him.
Sorry to hear about your dad, sad to say not too many of that generation left :(

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Gary.

More
5 years 9 months ago #4650 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: Contact us
Hi Derek
I have found details of a possible mid air collision which occurred on 3rd Dec 1944 when two 99 Squadron liberators collided on the way to a target. The pilots were P/O Harrison, N. (from Australia)  and F/O Jones, G. E. (from Canada). The other crew members were not named in the ops record book (as far as I could see)
According to Robert Quirks site ( www.rquirk.com/lib99.html ) the two Liberators were EW286 and KG973.
There is a mention of the collision in the book "Survival of the Fortunate" by John McCredie who was a pilot with 99 Squadron
Martin Bond used to have a web site for 99 Squadron but I can't find it at the moment. He is a member of this site so it may be worth sending him a private message as I am sure he will have a lot more information.
If I find any more information I will let you know.
Regards
Brian

More
5 years 8 months ago #4723 by Wheelz
Wheelz replied the topic: Contact us
Hi there

I am wondering if you guys or anyone has any info or specifically images of the B-24H and J Liberators flown by the RAF 223 Squadron that where based at Oulton. They flew special electronic and interference missions.

I only ask as my wife's grandfather Sergeant Sam Leach was a Tail Gunner how survived the 54 sorties the W-William B-24 flew and I would like to make a scale model of this exact aircraft in honour of her grandfather who sadly I didn't get to meet before he passed away.

The book '100 Group (Bomber support) RAF bomber command in WWII' makes both reference to him and has a photo of his crew and part of the aircraft on page 90. There is also mention of him and the same photo in 'Special ops liberators 223 (Bomber support) Squadron, 100 group, and the electric war'. Here his crew are mentioned on page 54, and refer to the aircraft as TT343 6G-W.

Would this aircraft have been painted all black as it looks in the photo I have mentioned above or would it of had the same colour scheme as the B-17's in the squadron?

Thnaks

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #4724 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Contact us
All of the 100 Group Libs that I've seen were painted black most with the front nose turret removed.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
5 years 8 months ago #4725 by oibert
oibert replied the topic: Contact us

NoelGoodisson wrote: Hi Folks,
My Dad J P "Paddy" Goodisson served as Rear Gunner with 159 and then 358 squadrons in India. I have all of his photos including those of other Good folk unknown to me. Dad returned to Ireland after the war and never kept in touch with his old comrades as far as I am aware. I have been in touch with Matt Poole
in the US who has provided the family with excellent Information. Dad does appear in some of the personnel photos on this site and is correctly identified by Matt in one of the photos on the site. Dad died in 2003 2 weeks before his 83rd birthday in Limerick Ireland.
Do you guys want his other photos for your site ?
Best Regards
Noel Goodisson

hi Noel, i note with interest that your father served with 358 sqd as did my father. would you happen to have any photos of his time there? i would be most interested to see any you may have to try putting together my fathers time at 358. Regards Oibert

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds