• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #4472 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Contact us
Hi Mark
Yes I believe I may have one, I know Peter and your Grandmother, also knew Mike (your dad?) So glad to hear that Peter is still plodding along he's a great man. I used to love going to the reunions and the Armistice days up at the RAF memorial.
I'll dig it out and let you know.
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #4477 by Gary
Hi Mark
I could of sworn I had a higher res one than this

But it appears that I don't but I know a place where who will have one, if you contact Sheila (assuming she still runs the place) at www.sheba-imports.com she will help you out, tell her I sent you (you might have to mention that it's acseac.co.uk). They have done some fantastic crests for the Squadrons, I've helped them in the past and vice versa, they even sent me my Grandfathers Squadron blazer badges.
I'll keep looking but I think I've covered it all now.
Thanks
Gary
PS if you do get one can you send it to me as well?
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #4588 by James
James replied the topic: Contact us
Hi Gary, My father Charles Edward (Ted) Martyn was an Australian pilot with the 355 Squadron. I believe his plane was called T for Terry (named in honour of his girlfriend and later his wife)
My brother has his flight log, still exceedingly legible. Ted passed away in 1981 - at his funeral another 355 pilot was there - Les Jefferies, who I dare say has also passed on. Any information/photos I can get I'll scan in and send across.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #4589 by Gary
Thanks James that's tops of you mate,
Talking of Australia I finally located my grandfather's pilot (the reason I started this site about 16 years ago) a year or so ago in Australian, sadly he had died and since then his son who I was in contact with has recently died as well.
They both served briefly in 355 Squadron as well, I don't have any info to hand about your father but I'll keep an eye out next time I'm going through the records.

More
5 years 9 months ago #4646 by Derek Stocker
Derek Stocker replied the topic: Contact us
Dear Sir/s.

One of my elderly residents just informed me that here first husband WILLIAM BURROWS was killed in a mid-air collision over the Bay of Bengal between two Liberators.
Possibly she thinks 99 Sq???
But may be another.
Have you any ideas please. She is 90 years of age and recently started to mention her first husband, she is possibly going into care home soon and I would love to give her some information about him.
Many thanks for any help.
Kind regards.
Derek Stocker.

More
5 years 9 months ago #4647 by Lesley01
Lesley01 replied the topic: Contact us
My Uncle, William Greensmith was a Flying Officer and a radio operator in Liberators in Italy. I believe his aircraft was Q for Queenie and I would like to find out which was his squadron and if possible his service record etc.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds