• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 9 months ago #187 by Gary
Gary created the topic: Moving
Hey all
I'm going to be moving hosts in the not too distant future, I've secured unlimited disk and bandwidth so I can provide even more without having to worry about things. I'm moving to a global hosting company so hopefully performance should be a lot better. I know things have been really slow lately, sorry about that but it's been out of my hands. Anyway it'll take a couple of weeks as I'm going to be sorting out the crap so we don't take it with use in the move. I need to work it so that you all get to keep your logins etc but if you do find that you can't log in then please be patient and send me a PM or an email.
Hopefully you can read this and the forums haven't croaked again.
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 9 months ago #1027 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Moving
Hey all
I'm going to be moving hosts in the not too distant future, I've secured unlimited disk and bandwidth so I can provide even more without having to worry about things. I'm moving to a global hosting company so hopefully performance should be a lot better. I know things have been really slow lately, sorry about that but it's been out of my hands. Anyway it'll take a couple of weeks as I'm going to be sorting out the crap so we don't take it with use in the move. I need to work it so that you all get to keep your logins etc but if you do find that you can't log in then please be patient and send me a PM or an email.
Hopefully you can read this and the forums haven't croaked again.
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #1034 by Gary
Well we're still moving but I've spent the last week making this site run a bit faster. I think it's working right now as everything seems a bit quicker, it still takes a while to load the forums but not as long as it was doing.
I've managed to clone this site on to the new host in preparation for the final switch over. I'm going to be spending some time having a clear up of unwanted/unused code which I'm hoping will increase performance even further.
When I'm happy that everything is running the way I want it I will be able to start uploading everything that has been missing from this site. I will be scanning and uploading Operations Records, Photos and other material that has been left from this site because of the amount of space required to host it.
Thanks for your patience
Gary

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #1098 by Gary
Well it's all done, I finished the last of the move today and we are currently on the new host. This gives me a unique oppertunity to really go to town with this site again. You may not see any changes in the near future as I'm working on a big upgrade to this site, but now we're here you should at least notice a difference in performance.
Cheers
Gary

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds