Thursday, August 13, 2020
Text Size

KH250 H, lost on Port Blair op, 355 Sqn, 17 May 1945

More
10 years 1 month ago #965 by cengitu
cengitu replied the topic: KH250 H, lost on Port Blair op, 355 Sqn, 17 May 1945
they were sacrificed their lives to protect England and when they were killed, they were swept aside easily and those families who were shock and sad about the missing people that they loved, were giving a false information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #966 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: KH250 H, lost on Port Blair op, 355 Sqn, 17 May 1945
Hiya Shaharom, good to see you around again.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Matt_Poole
  • Matt_Poole's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 years 1 month ago #967 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: KH250 H, lost on Port Blair op, 355 Sqn, 17 May 1945
Gary,

And I thought you moved to NZ to enjoy an easier-paced life

• Matt_Poole
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #1031 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: KH250 H, lost on Port Blair op, 355 Sqn, 17 May 1945
Hi, Gary and all,

It's time for a long overdue update on the KH250 project.

This summer the nephew of Leslie Benfell and the niece of Frederick Rumsey-Williams were found. Six down, five families to go.

Through my school friend who is an Indian scholar/university professor, I connected with a couple in Port Blair who generously conducted further investigations among eyewitnesses in the Port Blair area and in the village where KH250 crashed. The accounts that have emerged strongly corroborate what had been previously learned and add some precise new details.

The most fascinating new findings came from an 88 year old gentleman, Mr. Hari Ram, who acted as a translator for the Japanese in Port Blair. Hari Ram remembered, without prompting, the name of

More
9 years 8 months ago #1033 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: KH250 H, lost on Port Blair op, 355 Sqn, 17 May 1945
WOW again is all I can say mate, your research tenacity has paid off again. Great work and very interesting information you've compiled there mate.
Thanks for posting it here.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Matt_Poole
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #1035 by Matt_Poole
Hi, Gary,

The fact that I could access your Forums again, to post an update, is proof that you're making progress on the migration to the new server. Good news!

Cheers,

Matt

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds