Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Text Size

Liberator in RAF Museum

More
7 years 11 months ago #3961 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: Liberator in RAF Museum
There's one at Duxford in the American wing, Mike Jones was part of the restoration crew so I got to see it when they opened the wing up. It's ex RAF painted up as Dugan an American Lib.
There's the Wimpy down at Brooklands Museum it was restored with the help in part of Derek Clewley, I wish I'd got to see this one before I came out here.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4133 by Babyboomer
Babyboomer replied the topic: Re: Liberator in RAF Museum
I believe this aircraft was flown by W/C Webster of 99 Squadron. My father was a F/Lt with 99 so must have flown at the same time.

In 1997, my brother and his family went to see KN751 and because of my father's connection, he was given a guided tour! I have a set of photographs taken throughout the aircraft with my brothers description on the back.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4134 by Gary
Any chance I could grab copies of those photos Susan?

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
7 years 6 months ago #4135 by Babyboomer
Babyboomer replied the topic: Re: Liberator in RAF Museum
I'll scan them and let you have them.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4136 by Gary
Thanks Susan, I got them ok, interior reference shots are always good for modelling, especially the RAF one.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4219 by black panther
black panther replied the topic: Re: Liberator in RAF Museum
My father was with 99, flt sgt harold clark.. his skipper i believe was F\LT Kemp

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds