The Fate of KH347

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 6 months ago #215 by Mark
Mark created the topic: The Fate of KH347
In my search for answers I would dearly like to know the fate of the RAF Liberator KH347 that sank the german uboat U-534 on May 5th 1945? I am amused that the U-Boat was raised and sent to a museum in England, yet there is no mention of the aircraft that sunk the U-Boat? I have been searching for a while now as of it's location and the closet anyone can tell me is that it was scrapped? My interest in the Liberator is the fact that my father was the W/O on the plane on that day? Any info would be greatly appreciated? Regards Mark Sansom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 6 months ago #1105 by Mark
Mark replied the topic: The Fate of KH347
In my search for answers I would dearly like to know the fate of the RAF Liberator KH347 that sank the german uboat U-534 on May 5th 1945? I am amused that the U-Boat was raised and sent to a museum in England, yet there is no mention of the aircraft that sunk the U-Boat? I have been searching for a while now as of it's location and the closet anyone can tell me is that it was scrapped? My interest in the Liberator is the fact that my father was the W/O on the plane on that day? Any info would be greatly appreciated? Regards Mark Sansom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds