Nose and Tail Turrets - Expended Links and Cases

• ronl
  • ronl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #208 by ronl
ronl created the topic: Nose and Tail Turrets - Expended Links and Cases
Can anyone clarify for me how the expended .50 cal cases and links were handled in the B-24? From what I have read, the cases and links were collected under the nose turret and emptied when the aircraft was on the ground. In the case of the tail turret, I have read conflicting information. Some sources indicate the cases and links were both ejected, while others indicate that only the links were ejected and the cases were collected in the fuselage. Can anyone confirm this for me? Also, if there are any technical drawings that show where the cases and links were collected or ejected, I would be very interested in seeing them.

Thank you.

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ronl
  • ronl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1093 by ronl
ronl replied the topic: Nose and Tail Turrets - Expended Links and Cases
Can anyone clarify for me how the expended .50 cal cases and links were handled in the B-24? From what I have read, the cases and links were collected under the nose turret and emptied when the aircraft was on the ground. In the case of the tail turret, I have read conflicting information. Some sources indicate the cases and links were both ejected, while others indicate that only the links were ejected and the cases were collected in the fuselage. Can anyone confirm this for me? Also, if there are any technical drawings that show where the cases and links were collected or ejected, I would be very interested in seeing them.

Thank you.

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds