KN 826

• Alan Flint
  • Alan Flint's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #183 by Alan Flint
Alan Flint created the topic: KN 826
Hello. I am looking for any photographs of Liberator Mk.VIII KN826 that crashed on take off at RAF Lydda on the night of 2/08/45 whilst being ferried by a crew from 6 or 16FU. [there seems to be some confusion] killing all on board. The casualties included Flt J.A.[Alex] Sprigge D.F.M. but I an unable to confirm if he was piloting the aircraft at the time.
I am conducting this research on behalf of his widow and would be extremely grateful for any assistance .. and advice on where I might find photographs of the personnel of the Ferry Units or No.s 10 and 33 EFTS in Canada where he trained

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alan Flint
  • Alan Flint's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #1018 by Alan Flint
Alan Flint replied the topic: KN 826
Hello. I am looking for any photographs of Liberator Mk.VIII KN826 that crashed on take off at RAF Lydda on the night of 2/08/45 whilst being ferried by a crew from 6 or 16FU. [there seems to be some confusion] killing all on board. The casualties included Flt J.A.[Alex] Sprigge D.F.M. but I an unable to confirm if he was piloting the aircraft at the time.
I am conducting this research on behalf of his widow and would be extremely grateful for any assistance .. and advice on where I might find photographs of the personnel of the Ferry Units or No.s 10 and 33 EFTS in Canada where he trained

More
9 years 11 months ago #1019 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: KN 826
Welcome to the site Alan.
I'm pretty sure I don't have any photos in my "To Add" stash other than that it's just what is on the site. The Site Search Engine will show you any photos if they are on the site and labeled as KN826. I'll keep my eyes open in the mean time.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds