Very few people know that 150 Squadron was nearly a Liberator unit. This picture was taken in November 1941 at Snaith when 150 Squadron began to convert from Wellington aircraft to Liberators. The picture was taken by Wally Talbot, 150 Squadron photographer. Credit for the picture should go to Wally (now deceased) and his son Howard F Talbot who now has the photograph in his collection. However by early 1942, after the delivery of 5 Liberators (AL506, AL509, AL511, AL512 and AL516), they were taken away and the squadron remained with Wellingtons until October 1944, when 150 was disbanded in Italy. In November 1944 the squadron was reformed at Fiskerton with Lancaster III. Picture & Text Courtesy of Ian Cruttenden
- Voting is disabled!
- Commenting is disabled